This prject is part of the DRIL fund and it is focused in the Structural Mechanics course for Civil Engineer (CIVIL-238) at EPFL. It presents a number of visual tools (DEMOs) that are meant to support:
- the teaching with their self-explanatory, simple and complete aspects
- the learning thanks to their interactive, interesting and intuitive sides
The goal is to provide the student with interactive visual tools for understanding, playing and enjoying the complex aspects of the Structural Mechanics and to help the teacher by showing practical end exhaustive cases.
- Simply supported beam as the statis system
- Two cross section: filled and hollow rectangular section
- Free-body diagram (FBD)
- NVM diagrams
- Deflection (only due to bending)
- Elastic and plastic analysis
- Stress and strain analysis
- Stress state element and stresses
- Torsion (uniform)
- Mohr Circle
The contributors of this projects are
- Carmine Schipani (author)
- Prof. D. Lignos (supervisor of the project and director of the RESSLab)
- Cécile Hardebolle and Pierre-Olivier Vallès from the Center for Digital Education at EPFL (project directors).
This repository is available at this link.
For any enquiries relating to this template or this repository, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
All content in this repository is distributed publicly and openly under a Creative Commons Attribution license, CC-BY 4.0, and all code is under [BSD-3-Clause](LICENSE.md).