The cost calculator is an online project for calculating the cost of services. It's originally designed for helping researcher for estimating the cost of managing data. The user can calculate the cost of the data life cycle directly from the interface.
Categories, Providers, Cost can be easily updated by just changing the data.js so it can be adapted for your own institution.
You don't need a specific webserver (but you can use one), just use your github repo and create a pages link your cost calculator will be accessible
The documentation of the project explains how to install it and configure it. See [Docs](./Docs)
- All the engine is stored in the js folder
- index.html : main index for production
- docs contains the documentation for changing the database of provider or the engine itself.
- index-dev.html : Index file for development only
- index-pres.html : Index file for presentation only
The citation information are in the CITATION file and CODEMETA.json.
This project is release under GNuv3 license see LICENSE.
It's a work of the Research Data Management Team at EPFL Library in Switzerland.