Here's a quick how to install Arcanist in Windows. There are other ways of installing Arcanist, but this one allow to use Git Bash which provides a lot of cool GNU/Linux tools under windows in a nice terminal. If you want to install it on GNU/Linux or MacOSX, take a look here: [[c4science/arcanist]].
## Install Git Bash
- Install Git Bash for Windows from here: https://git-scm.com/download/win
## Install PHP
- Download PHP (5.6 thread-safe preferred): http://windows.php.net/download/
- Unzip to `C:\PHP`
- Copy `php.ini-development` to `php.ini` in that same directory.
- Open php.ini
- Locate the line `;extension=php_curl.dll`. Remove the `;` to activate this extension.
- Locate the line `; extension_dir = "ext"` and change it to `extension_dir = "C:\PHP\ext"`
- Install Visual C++ from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
- Open Git Bash, setup your PATH: `echo 'export PATH=$PATH:/c/PHP/' >> .bashrc`
- Close Git Bash and reopen it, test that php works: `php --version`
## Install Arcanist
- Open Git Bash and run
git clone https://github.com/phacility/libphutil.git
git clone https://github.com/phacility/arcanist.git
echo "PATH=\$PATH:$HOME/arcanist/bin" >> .bashrc
- Close and reopen Git Bash and test that arcanist runs: `arc help`
- To configure Arcanist, take a look at the general guide: [[c4science/arcanist/#authenticate-arcanist-to|Configure arc]]