Here's a quick how to install Arcanist in Windows. There are other ways of installing Arcanist, but this one allow to use Git Bash which provides a lot of cool GNU/Linux tools under windows in a nice terminal. If you want to install it on GNU/Linux or MacOSX, take a look here: Arcanist.
- Install Git Bash for Windows from here: https://git-scm.com/download/win
- Download PHP (5.6 thread-safe preferred): http://windows.php.net/download/
- Unzip to C:\PHP
- Copy php.ini-development to php.ini in that same directory.
- Open php.ini
- Locate the line ;extension=php_curl.dll. Remove the ; to activate this extension.
- Locate the line ; extension_dir = "ext" and change it to extension_dir = "C:\PHP\ext"
- Install Visual C++ from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
- Open Git Bash, setup your PATH: echo 'export PATH=$PATH:/c/PHP/' >> .bashrc
- Close Git Bash and reopen it, test that php works: php --version
- Open Git Bash and run
cd git clone https://github.com/phacility/libphutil.git git clone https://github.com/phacility/arcanist.git echo "PATH=\$PATH:$HOME/arcanist/bin" >> .bashrc
- Close and reopen Git Bash and test that arcanist runs: arc help
- To configure Arcanist, take a look at the general guide: Configure arc