Sesame is a project, built in colaboration with Fondation Sana, that aims to provide a serious game for measuring the inhibition capabilities among people with addiction issues. Stimuli show in front of the player and they must react to them as fast as they can. But they should not react too fast! As the stimulus might be a stop, a signal telling the player to inhibit their urge to react. This signal only appears after a brief moment, called the Stop Signal Delay. On top of that, interferences related to the player’s addiction can happen in order to distract them. By measuring the reaction time to these stimuli, one can calculate the inhibition capabilities of a player.
This game is playable in three modalities : 2D, virtual reality and with Oculus Quest 2. Microsoft Hololens is implemented as well, but currently not tested. All of them are generated from one source, limiting the time needed to develop and maintain the game. All executables can be generated from one click.
- Unity 2020.3.xx (last build used 2020.3.38f1) with modules Android Build Support and Universal Windows Platfrom Build Support
- Visual Studio with workloads as described on docs.microsoft.com
Detailed instructons on how to install the environment can be found in Documentation/Guides/Manuel_Installation_ISGF.pdf.
First, clone this repository.
git clone https://c4science.ch/source/sesame-unity/
Open the project in Unity. Download and import the following assets. Optionally, the imported assets can all be relocated into the folder Assets/Plugins.
- Picture frames with photos
- Arcade Machines - PolyPack
- Cute Green Ant Kid Stylized Lowpoly Rigged Insect
- Cigarette Lighter PBR
- Furnished Cabin
- Low Poly Fruit Pickups
- Low Poly Vehicle
- School Supplies
- Plages, Bowls & Mugs Pack
- Cardboard Boxes Pack
- Oculus Integration
Once all plugins are imported you might have to restart Unity. A couple of popups will apear. Most of them can be dismissed. But make sure to enable OculusXRFeature.
Link to the Import/Export tool project: https://c4science.ch/source/sesame-unity/
Link to the Configurator project: https://c4science.ch/source/sesame-configurator/
Project Manager: Houda Chabbi
- Houda Chabbi
- Sandy Ingram
- Vinh Nguyen
- Yasser Khazaal
- Bastien Carrel
- Florian Hoffman
- Robin Cherix
- Nicolas Baeriswyl
Copyright 2022 iCoSys and iSIS Research Institutes, HEIA-FR, HES-SO-FR
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.